Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Christmas towels

I am so behind this year.  Between jury duty and the first trimester of this pregnancy, I did pretty much nothing weaving related for about 4 months!  It was a weaving hiatus.  I know it's hard to believe because I kept the blog going, but if you know me real well, you would have figured out that those were my summer projects that were thinned out over time to make them last until a day that I could do this all again!  Thank goodness I am feeling so much better, the baby is doing well, and I just feel like I have my life back in order again!  By the way, did I mention that the baby has grown some legs, feet, and toes??!  You can see them in the top left corner. 


I even purchased my first baby clothes recently!  I bought 5 items for $7, thanks to some coupons that I received in the mail!  No wonder coupons are so popular and addictive!  Normally these items would have cost $42!



I can't believe that it's this late in the year and I have yet to start on my Christmas stuff for family and friends.  I may just be able to cover family this year, but we will see!  I hope to be able to weave for friends at work as well.  My first Christmas project is going to be a set of 8-shaft pinwheels.  It is one of my most favorite designs!  I chose two shades of blues, which blue is my most favorite color!  It has taken me a few days to get the warp measured and threaded into the reed, but at least I'm plugging away at it a little at a time!