Friday, October 18, 2013

Almost square!!

It's so close to being square... I was able to weave 16 rows one way and 14 the other.  It measures to be 38x42", but with fringe it is 42x48".  I wish I would have warped just a little tiny bit more so it could be just a tiny more square!!  Anyway, look at the bright side... the blanket is so soft and warm!  I love it!  I love how it turned out.  I love the colors!  I love the softness!  I love this blanket all over! 




This was a very quick weave.  The fringe twisting took the longest! 







This is the way I took it off the loom.  Whenever I cut a double weave blanket all at once off the loom, it tends to "explode" and the weft comes out all over the place!  So I have learned to choose 8 threads at a time, snip, tie a knot, and proceed either left or right until I have the whole thing off.  It makes it so much easier!  In this picture you can see one mis-threading in the 3rd block from the bottom.   I ended up taking out the one thread and with a needle, I sewed it back in with the correct pattern.  It wasn't very hard, just took some time.












It's so pink!



I can't wait to give it to my niece and SIL!



Good-bye pink blankie!  Keep my new niece warm and safe in Seattle!