Sunday, September 15, 2013

My blanket grew feet



This is my method for cutting the blankets off, because once you make that snip, the whole thing wants to spring to life and fall apart in every direction!  I cut off about 8 ends at a time, tie a knot, and then cut 8 more, tie a knot, etc and work my way from center outwards in both directions at even distances and then repeat on the bottom layer.




I put the beater into the locked position and then I make a cut right at the eye of the heddle.  Amazingly, it ends up being about the same length as the other end of the weaving.  That is just a fluke!


And it's done!!  This is the bottom of my polyester box of scraps!  It's amazing neat looking!  I think the 2.5 yards ended up being a perfect length for an adult.  So in the future, I think for a baby blanket I will warp somewhere between 2 and 2.5 yards, like 2.25 yards.


This one is mine, and it will be for the winter when it's really cold and gray outside!  I'm looking forward to throwing it into the washer and dryer, because it' gets heavenly soft after a cycle through each!  I love how easy the polyester is to care for!