Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's off, and it's beautiful!

 It's off!  



 
The directional changes are hard to see from the far away distance, but here it is a little bit closer.



Finished size = 24.5"x40.5"
100% pure wool
Took about 6 skeins of yarn, which is about 1620 yards of weft!

It turned out awesome!

In fact, my aunt saw it on Facebook and wanted it to decorate her beautiful house.  She's really into art, so I'm glad it went to someone who will appreciate it!



In fact, she made this painting in the background of the above picture.  It's awesome!  She said that someday she'll tell me the story behind it.  I can't wait to hear it someday!
 
My aunt is actually going to use the rug as a table top decoration.  It fits perfectly in her house with the style, color, and type of decor. 


It was meant to be hers!