Friday, May 31, 2013

Odd Project

Before I can finish my 2nd doubleweave blanket, I have a small/large VERY ODD project to complete!




My principal at school asked me to make a project for some students that are going to Washington DC for National History Day finals.  I wish them the best of luck of course, but I am now stressing out over a giant car that can squeeze into a suitcase!  Yikes... it took several versions but we finally have a final pattern to work with.  I used an overhead projector to get it to the right size, put it onto butcher paper that was taped together, and the final size is approx. 6ftx10ft!  In order to accommodate the size for the suitcase, I'm basically making a kite that can be disassembled and then re-assembled on location.  I think Zip agrees that this will be the most wacky, wild, extreme, and creative project for 2013!!  I'm actually very excited, but also a little nervous because there is already a lot of money involved in all the supplies!

Oh yeah, and did I mention that I've never made a kite before???  :-)