Saturday, April 20, 2013

Bread machine Madness!

I used to absolutely hate making bread from scratch, but I have always loved eating it!!  With my birthday money, I decided to get a bread machine and I love it!!!  I got the Panasonic SD-YD250 from amazon.com.  I chose this bread machine because it was rated #1 in the bread machines on amazon, and also after looking at all the comments about it, I decided it really was the best one.  So far, we have made several pizzas using the bread machine, dinner rolls, and many many loaves of bread!  It's so easy to use, and I love programming it so I can come home from work to nice, hot, fresh bread as soon as I walk in the door.  It's almost like the gift that keeps giving!  And I don't have to suffer through making the bread anymore!  :)

To make things even easier for myself, I pre-measure all my dry ingredients and put them into jars with labels of what to add.  This way, Brian can very easily start up the bread machine also without having to look for everything.


This jar method has been a great!



I love using 1/3 wheat and 2/3 white flour, but I might try a 50/50 loaf soon.  The all wheat loaves were just too heavy and made almost a brick of bread!

Here's the machine in action!

 

 I also like how quiet this model is and it doesn't slide/dance all around the counter when it mixes.

It's fun to get the soup going in the crock-pot and the bread into the bread machine and have the aroma of everything coming together around mealtime with so little effort spent on making it smell so good!



mmm!!!