Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Snow and Hot Cocoa

I put my snowman in the washer and dryer, and he didn't melt!


 I think the snowman looks a lot better after a good washing and drying, however, I still want to try doubling up on my pattern weft because I think I can do even better!  The size after washing was 2.5"x2.5", so because it's square, I might have to pack it a little tighter to keep the squareness. 


This is the before and after image:
 

These are the exact same pieces of cloth, and you can see that the washed one is puffier and the pattern does show up more.  These are going to be very cute ornaments!  (PS. the colors are different only because they are two different pictures, but really, the color didn't change!)

And it helps in the winter feelings here!  While I was working on my snowman, it was snowing here!  I laugh because it's like I unlocked the magic!



This was a great day for homemade hot cocoa!!

2 tablespoons sugar
2 -3 teaspoons Hershey's cocoa
1 dash salt
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

1 Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in large mug.
2 Heat milk in microwave at HIGH(100%) for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until hot.
3 Gradually add hot milk to cocoa mixture in mug, stirring until well blended.
4 Stir in vanilla.
mmm mmm good!!!  And warm!!!