Thursday, October 11, 2012

7-8-9 on 10-11-12

Odd numbers today... 

7 stripes in the scarf
#8 is the sett (and the reed, and the number of threads in each repeat!)
9th scarf
on 
10-11-12

We could almost get 5 & 6 because there are 56 threads total... 

Anyway, I remember when I was in girl scouts as a kid, and a guest speaker came to talk to us and she was born on 10-11-12, but 1912 instead.  I thought that was so cool, and have remembered it all these years later!  (Like 22 years later it's still with me!!)

Now, back to the scarves I'm weaving!

 I like how this doesn't look too Halloween-ish.  I feel like I have met the goal with this one!  

I also had to make this about a foot longer because this is for my friend's boyfriend who is somewhere past 6 foot 6 inches tall, and since my dad is somewhere around that height also, I know how funny a short scarf can look.  So just a little extra length to compensate for that extra tallness and it shall be perfect!!
 


Turned out pretty fantastic, if you ask me.


And that's coming from a non-sports person!