Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mors Bags

kreativa commented on my blog that the bookmarks would make a great bag!

It was such a good idea, that it got me thinking.

I love this Mors bag pattern so much!!  And it's cool how they are trying to save the planet by reducing the amount of plastic in the environment.

They suggest that you use just plain cotton material.  But what would it look like with some woven fabric??  And maybe some inkle strap handles?? 


Just wonderful!  This is actually woven fabric from my rigid heddle loom, so it's a nice strong plain weave!  The yarn is something from a thrift store, it's brown and green variegated yarn.  I think it's 8/2.


My next step after these bookmarks is to make some colorful twill gamp fabric to experiment with, and this is something I want to do with it!  I think it would make some chipper shopping bags, and help save the planet all at the same time!!!

Have fun making your own woven bags!