Monday, December 5, 2011

Cold & snowy weekend=time to finish projects




As you can see, we've had quite the winter storm this weekend!  But the nice thing about winter storms is that it keeps us indoors and weaving!  Well, almost.  I do admit, Brian & I did go out and bike all 3 days... and it was quite a snowy ride!  Wow, that was fun!! 








Anyway, I'm glad to report that I did finish the blanket AND it got out into Saturday's mail!  But..
I forgot to take a picture of the baby blanket as a whole.  Can you believe it?!  I tried to remind myself, but fortunately I still have some warp left on my loom so I can weave it up and take pictures of it soon!!  In the mean time, enjoy this up close shot of the hop-sack weave.  I love hop-sack!  It was loose enough to be soft and flexible, and it also had a neat overall texture.  All the colors worked so well together on this one.  I'm glad I have a little leftover for me!




I did get these little hats and scarves all finished and washed!  I have them all wrapped up ready to ship as well!  I really like how the 3 colors mixed together turned out!  I want to explore this a little bit more later.  I have quite the to-do list going on right now!


So here is my "to do" list:
1.  Show you my 8-shaft project I started on Thanksgiving... (I know, there's been so much to blog about that it kind of got skipped over!)
2.  Finish weaving the 4-shaft project off the loom and maybe make a long hand towel for the bathroom.
3.  Make a pink and white pinwheel scarf for a small friend of mine, hopefully before winter ends!
4.  Make a table runner.
5.  Weave curtains for my living room.

That's all I can think of to add to the list, but it is very full!  Good thing Christmas break is right around the corner!