Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fair Prep

I just received word a day ago that out county fair WILL happen after all!  I have been looking forward to this for a year now, after last year's big win:



I plan on entering a lot more things this year in the weaving department, and will compete against myself a few times!  I want to enter some of my canning as well.  In fact, between the two departments, I have 9 things planned.  I know it's a little overkill, but you get a small amount of money if you place.  So the more things you enter, the more money you might get... then I can spend it on yarn for next year's projects!

So, here are some of the things I've made this year that I want to enter:

For the "household item" I will enter a Handwoven Dishtowel in summer and winter:

 

For original idea = P2P2 project




Rug (on the loom right now, and this is not it but it will kind of look like this style with the different shaped squares woven out of t-shirt scraps...)



Scarf



And for the "other" category: Lee's Surrender Overshot runner

 


The spinning category:
Hand spun wool


And last... but not least, the canning category:

apple pie filling



applesauce




apple jelly




I am so excited!  I have to turn it all in next Wednesday, so I have about a week and a few days to finish my handwoven rug and gather everything together.